Sunday, July 09, 2006

In a hick town....

....you might see this on your way home from the lake.



8 horses with riders out for a Sunday stroll down Main Street.

I know I don't live in a metropolitan area but still....they could have kept to the side streets. You all know how people love to talk.

If you look close you can see BOTH stoplights in the background. That's all we have here in this little town. And the 3 blocks between the 2 lights...that IS as metropolitan as it gets around here.

Ain't nothing like country livin'.

8 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While driving through our downtown yesterday, I saw a man on a golf cart & a guy on a riding lawnmower, crossing the main road. Horses are pretty common, but only a couple at a time.

Gotta love it!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Libby said...

i could live there...

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

OMG dude. I thought my town was small. And you're not alone with the "you know you're in the south or in a hick town when you see....." comments - I make them daily when driving down the road here.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger betchacantguesswho said...

From the angle of the pic, it looks like you were in the turning lane when you snapped it. What determines a hicktown or not is if you yielded to the horses before turning left. =)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I love it.. I wish there was more that rode horses around town. Shoot the way gas prices are, I think a bale of hay, some horse feed, and a horse is lots darn cheaper. *giggles* I use to ride up to our local store horseback..

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

it amazes me, the things you see in Bama streets....everyday!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kelwhy said...

I see trick walking through our streets on a daily basis - FRIGHTENING! ;)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger C. H. Green said...

Looks like lots of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home