Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ooooo...that had to sting a bit!

Tonight was the first "real" night of the American Idol competition. And I think the standout favorite performance of the night was by Ryan Seacrest. Especially in the closing seconds when he thanked Randy and Paula for a great job. And made no mention of Simon. At all. And the look that he got from Simon...Ouch.

Earlier in the night, Chris Sligh had offered a retalliatory comment to Simon's interpretation of his performance. He sang an alternative song (I think it was "Anyone but Me" but can't remember exactly) and Simon made some smart-ass remark (imagine that) about his performance being similar to "some student gig" at a college or something. Chris shot back with something like, "I know the song is popular, That's why I chose it, for the audience. Just because I don't sing like Il Divo or the TeleTubbies doesn't mean I won't get the votes." Then Ryan and Simon had words about the remark being insulting to Simon, who "discovered" the TeleTubbies. And that just escalated for the rest of the night.

Enough of the drama, on to the singing. My personal fave of the night was Blake Lewis. aka the Beat Box Boy. His voice was so smooth and the song choice was perfect. And now the title of it escapes my tired little brain too. I think it was a Manilow song. I have it Tivo'd I could go rewind it if it was vvery important. But it's not so..wait til tomorrow and look it up on the Idol website.

My picks to go home on Thursday are Sanjaya and Jared. Neither were very impressive tonight.

I've had a rough day today. I'll tell you all about it later. I'm heading to bed to fall asleep while watching CSI: Miami. That Eva La Rue is a hottie and Emily Proctor is a close second. ;)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger MG said...

I was disappointed with the performances tonight.

I liked the last guy.

Sad to say, I dont even remember his name.

My fav going in was Chris Sligh, I havent given up on him yet...

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I love me some Chris Sligh! haha And no its not because he's from HERE! It's because he really can sing and he's hilariously funny. I loved his remarks to Simon.

And I'm afraid you're right about Sanjaya...Not sure about Jared. He may not have had his best night but there were others that I thought were much worse. And Jared, well, he's a H-O-T-T-I-E! The ladies will keep him around for a little while! :)

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't impressed with any of the guys, really. But if I had to choose over them all I guess I felt like Blake did the best. I was hoping Chris would do better, but the teletubby comment was kinda funny!

I also think Sanjaya needs to hit the road. That guy just creeps me out.

Can't wait to see how the broads do tomorrow night!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

that was pretty sad last night. I saw no future idols in that mix unless they get a lot better.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got bored during the show & surfed the net during the 2nd hour. The guys were NOT very entertaining!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home