Thursday, February 15, 2007

Who Got Laid?

As most of you know, I/We decided to install laminate flooring over the weekend. It wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be, but I still have 2 more rooms to do so there'll be plenty of time for me to change my mind about that.

This is the "Before":








The den was pretty simple actually. Just three AC/heating vents and two electrical outlets to cut around.
This is "During":

I was cutting around one of the floor outlets in that pic. Notice the scrap "template"?




And here is the "After":

It looks even nicer if you're standing in the room but maybe you can get the idea.




And this is "After the After":


Even though I was wearing kneepads, all that crawling around caused a blister on my knee. Not only did it cause a blister, it caused the blister to pop. Sexy, huh?

It only took about 13-14 hours total to get it all done. The kitchen will be a bit more trying due to all the cabinets that have to be cut around. I think we're starting the demolition on the tile tonight or Friday. I can hardly wait. Anyone in a samaritous mood? (I think I might have just made that word up, but you have to admit that it sounds good.)

Let Os know if you got nekkid this week.


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that floor is lookin' good! Sorry to hear about your injury, but all in all, I'd say it's not too bad. Good luck with the rest of the project!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger •♥•m•♥• said...

Beautifu! .....I am also a huge fan of doing schtuff to my house.....seems meditative in a way....anywho..thanx for the cute comment about my toes on the MG for HNT this week =)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice job! and quit your whining man, its only a flesh wound....

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger MG said...

the pics of the floor didnt load for me, I'll have to come back and try again later....

however, I DID get to see the sexy knee/blister...
HHNT

btw, loved the post title

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Ag said...

Looks great and the floor is not bad either

HHNT

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Stealth said...

oooo your floor looks niiice!! I love a do it yourself kind of man!

HHNT!!!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Kelwhy said...

sorry to hear bout your knees - I sure can sympathize with you for that...

ouch!

it's all worth it now tho', right?
sure.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I love men that can do anything with tools and hard wood.

HAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh. She said "hard" & "wood".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home