Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Whooooo-Wee!!!

Dem gurls can sang!

Can you say "Night and Day"? That's the difference between the girls on American Idol performing tonight and the guys last night.

Right out of the gate, Stephanie Edwards set the mark for the evening. I was thinking that this song would be on the Season 6 CD already. The next two girls were so-so but nowhere close to Stephanie. And then came Sabrina Sloan's time to shine. And did she ever. She made it a 2-horse race for sure then.

Not until the 9th performance did another person even come close. That person was Melinda Doolittle, the meek little background singer that aspires to be a front person someday. She laid it out there for them all to get a look at. She can kiss her back-up career bye-bye. She's got her head in the wind now and no one is going to make her step back ever again. And as if they were saving the best for last...Lakisha Jones put the lid on the bucket. She sang her ass off! (And might I add, that's quite a bit of ass) The judges acted like they were ready to cut the season short and just give her the title and spare the others the agony of competing every week.

If I'm picking an early favorite, it's between Sabrina and Lakisha. I really like Gina Glockson too. She has the perfect personality. She's straight-up without being cocky. She's modest enough to accept a compliment as well as critique.

I'm thinking the guys will have to step up if they want a chance at the finale. The girls were better 3-to-1 tonight. Tomorrow night, 2 guys and 2 girls will be sent home. Did you vote yet?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I agree with you 100%!! Loved Sabrina, Melinda, and Lakisha -- this will be a good Idol season! :) whoo hooo

Now, quit hating on the girls with junk in the trunk!! You hear me??

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm calling it now. Y'all remember I said it tonight...Melinda will be the next American Idol!

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya'll didn't like Jordin???

And you mean to tell me I have to watch it a third night in a row tonight? I'm so not used to this "early in the season" routine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home